Brexit questions? We deliver answers.
Is your organisation all ready for Brexit? We’ll be glad to help you along the way! DLG is the logistics partner with comprehensive knowledge about transport from Europe to the United Kingdom. On this Brexit page, you’ll find the answers you’re looking for. Get fully prepared for Brexit in just five steps!
1. Watch the animation
The most important question that’s on all our minds: “What are the consequences of Brexit for transport?”. Watch our animation, which makes the whole process clear.
2. Download our Brexit-checklists
What steps do you need to take first? What information do you need to transport goods to the United Kingdom? And how can DLG help? In these Brexit checklists, you can find all the points to tick off.
3. Register for the DLG web portal
We use the DLG web portal to keep our Brexit documents in order. How to register? Send us an email with your company name, the name of your contact, an email address for the login and the name of the web portal you want to use (DailyFresh, Overseas or Perishable). You’ll then receive your personal login details from us and can log in.
4. Watch the Brexit talk show
Brexit has an impact on various parties involved in transport, both in Europe and the United Kingdom. In the Brexit talk show, we sit down with all these parties and spend half an hour discussing the current situation with them. Watch the film with Chayenne Wiskerke (Wiskerke Onions), Anton Filippo (customs forwarding agent at LBP), Peter Rozenboom (KCB) and Sten Bagert (UK customs broker) and be prepared for Brexit!
5. Read all you can
The news sources below will keep you informed about the current situation.
- From 1 January 2021, there are new rules for companies and citizens
- Apply for an export health certificate
- Marketing standards for fresh fruit and vegetables from 1 January 2021
- ISPM15 wood packaging standard
- Food and drink labelling changes from 1 January 2021
- Overseas vendors must always register for UK VAT
- Brexit and returnable packaging