DLG has become a successful transport company thanks to its rich history. For many years, Visbeen Transport, Post-Kogeko Logistics and DailyFresh Logistics provided national and international transport, trailer and container haulage and multimodal transport. In 2019, these three brands merged to form the Daily Logistics Group, so they could develop even better solutions for transporting fresh, chilled and frozen products. Together, cleaner, smarter!
Visbeen Transport was founded in 1925 by Adrianus Visbeen. Over the years, this transport company became a renowned multimodal carrier of temperature-controlled foods. With its frozen groupage and full-load services, Visbeen Transport was active in Benelux, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain and Scandinavia, with a fleet of some 100 tractor units and 475 trailers and containers.
- 1925: Adrianus Visbeen founds the company A. Visbeen & Sons in Nieuwe-Tonge.
- 1935: Transport of agricultural produce in the region.
- 1953: Expansion of transport to the Dutch auctions.
- 1963: Expansion to Germany with the opening of the Haringvliet Bridge.
- 1970: Further internationalisation with transport to England.
- 1985: New headquarters in Nieuwe-Tonge.
- 1988: Opening of a distribution centre in Colchester.
- 1993: Growth through shipments to Russia.
Founded in 1979, Post-Kogeko had since become an all-round service provider in conditioned food logistics. Responsible for distribution, trailer transport, frozen food logistics and container transport, Post-Kogeko had various offices and a cross-docking facility in the Netherlands. It used 170 tractor units and 250 trailers to transport all goods to the right destination.
- 1979: The D. Post transport and excavation company is founded.
- 1982: Dirk wins his first major customer in the shape of Hollands Veem.
- 1985: Start of operations for the freight forwarding agents, Kogeko.
- 1988: The company’s 25th truck hits the road.
- 1990: Post takes over Kogeko, becoming a competitor of Visbeen on the England route.
- 1994: Now located in Maasdijk, the company changes its name to Post-Kogeko.
- 1995: Takeover of Van Die Transport, establishing a foothold in national distribution.
DailyFresh Logistics and other partnerships
Since 1998, the Visbeen and Post-Kogeko had worked together as partners in DailyFresh Logistics, a company established to group fruit and vegetable shipments to the United Kingdom. DailyFresh Logistics had cross-docking facilities in the Hook of Holland and delivered produce daily to customers in the United Kingdom and Ireland. From this point, Visbeen and Post-Kogeko worked together more and more often.
- 1998: Dirk Post and Adrie Visbeen establish DailyFresh Logistics.
- 1999: DailyFresh wins the “Anglo Dutch Award for Enterprise”.
- 2016: DailyFresh moves to its current premises in the Hook of Holland.
Three strong brands became one
For our former companies, Visbeen Transport, Post-Kogeko Logistics and DailyFresh Logistics, cooperation was always key to the successes that we have achieved in our history.
- 2019: This cooperation became even deeper when the three strong brands merged to form the Daily Logistics Group (DLG) transport company.
The merger of the companies confirmed what we knew all along: you can go faster alone, but work together and you’ll go further. Together, cleaner, smarter!