Storage and transhipment
As a logistics partner, DLG makes sure that goods are transported from your company to the customer. But what exact route do your products take? Cargo is often stored and transshipped from one mode of transport to another during transit. This storage and transshipment of goods is a crucial link in the logistics process, which is why DLG executes it with the greatest care and precision.
Distributing goods from your company to the customer often requires multiple modes of transport, such as trailer transport by road, rail freight and container shipping by sea. We also refer to this as multimodal transport. DLG handles the storage and transshipment of your cargo with the greatest care.
The storage and transshipment of goods go hand in hand. Before we transship products, we often need to store them in a warehouse first, perhaps because the truck due to transsport the goods has not yet arrived. This goods storage takes place in our strategically located consolidation centre with more than 7,000 m² of warehousing capacity. Here, we combine the incoming goods and optimise the outgoing freight, reducing lead times and maximising your products’ lifespan.
Storage and transshipment by DLG
As a logistics partner, DLG not only makes sure your company’s goods are delivered to the customer, we also take care of storage and transshipment along the way. Your products are valuable and here at DLG, we understand that! That’s why we handle the storage and transshipment of your goods with the greatest possible care. Here are the reasons why you should choose DLG as a storage and transshipment partner:
- DLG has many years’ experience in the storage and transshipment of various kinds of goods.
- Thanks to our extensive truck fleet and available warehousing capacity, we offer a suitable solution to every storage and transshipment issue.
- Because our freighting and the storage and transshipment process are so efficient, DLG can offer this service at a competitive price.
- The storage and transshipment of goods are carried out by our qualified and experienced employees.
- Besides handling the storage and transshipment, DLG also takes care of correct order administration and the timely provision of information about your shipment.
You may think that transporting goods is mainly about shipping products, but storage and transshipment are at least as important. That’s why DLG sees storage and transshipment as an essential link in the logistical process. To make sure freighting goes without a hitch, DLG takes the whole transport process out of your hands, so you can be sure everything will run smoothly!